- Orthotics by
- Functional Orthotics
- About Functional Orthotics
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Excessive Pronation
- Forefoot Varus / Valgus
- PTTD / AAFF
- Functional Hallux Limitus / Rigidly Plantar Flexed 1st Ray / Sesamoiditis
- Hypermobile/Rigid Dorsal Flexed 1st Ray
- Hallux Rigidus / Limitus
- Plantar Flexed 1st Ray
- Fibroma & Neuroma
- Adult UCBL
- Women’s Dress
- Men’s Dress
- Accommodative Orthotics
- Performance RX™ Orthotics
- Picasso Orthotics™
- Orthotics for Chiropractors
- Kids Orthotics
- Material Gallery
- Functional Orthotics
- Medicare Shoe
Program & Orthotics
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to questions we often get about our company. If you do not find the information you are looking for here, please contact us.
1. Do you accept foam boxes/plaster casts?
Yes, we accept both foam boxes and plaster casts. You may also purchase foam impression boxes from us.
2. Do you have a Medicare diabetic insert and shoe program?
3. Do you have heat moldable diabetic orthotics?
Yes, we offer prefabricated heat moldable orthotics Code A5512 as part of our Medicare Compliant Diabetic 3-Pair program.
4. Do you carry Dr. Comfort shoe patterns?
Yes we do, we can custom fit our orthotics to any Dr. Comfort shoes as long as a size is provided.
5. How long do you keep casts?
We are now digitally scanning an image of every positive plaster mold we create. These images are being stored for 5 years. If you would like to order a second pair for a patient, simply call our office or submit a new order form. There is no need to recast the patient!
6. What is your average turnaround time?
Our average turnaround time is 5 business days in lab.
7. Can I pay my invoices with a credit card?
Yes, we accept all major credit cards. For more information call our office to set up regular credit card billing.
8. What if I want to order a second pair for my patients?
We are now digitally scanning an image of every positive plaster mold we create. These images are being stored for 5 years. If you would like to order a second pair for a patient, simply call our office. There is no need to recast the patient! If the order is changed in any way, please fill out a new prescription order form and fax, email, or mail it to us.
9. Do you offer refunds?
10. Do you offer a professional courtesy?
Yes, we are happy to offer all of our medical practitioners 1 free pair of orthotics annually.
11. Where should I return my shoes?
12. How long will it take to get The Richie Brace®?
Typically, after an order is placed it takes 21 days for us to receive the brace at our lab, and then it must be shipped from our lab to your clinic.
13. Do you use latex in any of your products?
All of our products are 100% latex free.
14. Do you charge extra for add-ons on custom orthotics?
Unlike many of our competitors, we offer free add-ons on our custom orthotics. These include Met Pads, Met Bars, Cut-Outs, Full Extensions, Posting, Heel Lifts and more.
15. Where can I see all of the different materials you offer?
Please see our material image gallery for info on all of our materials. We can also supply you with a Sample Card that contains samples of all our various materials. Please call our office to request a Sample Card.
16. Do you sell your products directly to the public?
No, we are a wholesale manufacturer and only distribute our products to medical professionals. Please see a medical professional if you are in need of custom orthotics.
17. Do you charge for shipping?
We offer free UPS labels for incoming orders, and charge a flat rate shipping free per pair to return orders to you via UPS® or USPS. Shipping charges apply for Ped Pillows™, Night Splints, and Shoes.
18. Do you offer local delivery?
Yes, we offer free Metro-Minneapolis/St. Paul delivery and pick-up service. Please contact our office to schedule a pick-up/delivery.
19. Do you exhibit at trade shows?
Yes we do, please contact us for an updated trade show schedule. We would love to meet you in person!
20. I am a patient who currently has a pair of orthotics from Marathon Orthotics, Inc. Can I get another pair from you?
Please see your physician to be prescribed another pair. We do not sell directly to the public. But we hope you are enjoying your orthotics! If you would like us to recommend a clinic that distributes our products, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Do you refurbish and duplicate orthotics?
Marathon Orthotics, Inc. will refurbish any used or worn-out orthotics whether they were crafted by our lab or another. We are also capable of duplicating worn or broken orthotics whether they were made by or lab or another. Please See Orthotic Refurbishment and Duplication
22. Do you make prefabricated orthotics?
Yes, Marathon Orthotics, Inc. handcrafts our own line of prefabs right in our custom orthotic laboratory. They are ONLY sold to medical professionals. Please see our Ped Pillows™.
23. How do I request information about your company?
Please call our office or email us at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in Marathon Orthotics, Inc.
24. How are you doing today?
Fine, thank you.
25. What is the weather like there in Minnesota?